Career Boot Camp
The Student-Athlete Boot Camp is an annual program started by the Student-Athlete Advisory Council and SWD office. Boot Camp occurs the day before spring classes start in January. Following the boot camp, resume critique sessions were provided by the career center staff in the SWD Commons. These series of events are geared toward preparing students not only for life after sport in general but for the Winter Career Fair.
2013 Career Boot Camp Schedule
- Current Student-Athlete Panel – Joey Brooks (Basketball ’13), Marta Stepien (Fencing ’13), Tylor Gauger (Swimming ’13), Eric Tilley (Soccer ’13)
- Former Student-Athlete Panel – Dan Santucci (Football ’06), Claire Gallerano (Soccer ’07), Jason Beckstrom (Football ’03), Brenda Torres (Soccer ’93), John Belcher (Track & Field ’11)
- Networking Luncheon – Employers present included Adidas, Coyote Logistics, Credit Suisse, Crowe Horwath, EJ Gallo, Enterprise Holdings, Ernst and Young, General Electric, Groupon, ICAP, Innovation Park, KPMG, NDFCU, PWC, Stryker, and Whirlpool
2012 Career Boot Camp Schedule
- Keynote Speaker: George Kunz captain of the 1968 Notre Dame Football football team, and cum laude graduate of Notre Dame. Kunz played professionally with the Falcons and Colts and was selected for 8 Pro Bowl teams before starting a career with NBC Sports. He is now a successful entrepreneur and lawyer based in Las Vegas, NV.
- Peer Panel – comprised of current student-athletes who will speak about their career plan process and educational backgrounds.
- Career Center Presentation – led by the director of the Career Center, Lee Svete will explain career preparation essentials like resume construction, interview skills, and various resources for specific majors.
- Networking Luncheon – Join 20 companies and their representatives for an informal lunch. This year the following companies will be present:
|Finish Line||GE||Grant Thornton|
|McGladrey||News America Marketing||Radio Flyer|
Click thumbnail for larger image.