Student-Athlete Advisory Council
The University of Notre Dame Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) shall promote efficient communication between the Notre Dame Department of Athletics administration and the student-athlete population. The SAAC will give student-athletes an opportunity to effectively communicate with the athletic department staff while providing suggestions and feedback on programs/services designed to meet student-athlete needs. The SAAC shall provide and promote service to fellow student-athletes, the University community, and the greater community at large.
To enrich the overall experience of student-athletes at Notre Dame. The Notre Dame SAAC will accomplish this by:
- Streamlining and promoting efficient communication between Notre Dame Athletics administration and student-athletes to better serve their needs.
- Providing the student-athlete population with an opportunity to effectively communicate with the administration and offer suggestions on programs designed to serve student-athlete’s needs.
- Encouraging more involvement by student-athletes in campus and community service projects.
- Improving relationships between and among teams and individual student- athletes.
- Creating awareness among the campus community of what it is like to be a student-athlete at the University of Notre Dame.
2012/2013 Team Representatives
Baseball – Frank Desico, Charlie Markson
Men’s Basketball – Mike Broghammer
Women’s Basketball – Whitney Holloway, Kayla McBride
Cheerleading – David Jones (Center for Social Concerns Liaison), Allison Rzepcynski
Men’s Cross Country – Randy Babb (Monogram Club Board Liaison)
Women’s Cross Country – Kelly Curran, Angela Ryck
Men’s Fencing – Alex Coccia (Center for Social Concerns Liaison)
Women’s Fencing – Marta Stepien (Career Center Liaison)
Football – Braxston Cave, Mike Golic Jr., Kapron Lewis-Moore
Men’s Golf – Andrew Carreon, (President)
Women’s Golf – Kristina Nhim
Hockey – Mike Johnson, Joe Rogers
Men’s Lacrosse – Andy Will
Women’s Lacrosse – Jaimie Morrison (Secretary), Molly Shawhan
Rowing – Kiersten DeHaven (Big East SAAC rep), Stephanie O’Neill, Teresa Rubinger, Danni Schneider
Men’s Soccer – Max Lachowecki, Grant Van De Casteele (Big East SAAC Rep)
Women’s Soccer – Katie Naughton, Elizabeth Tucker
Softball – Kelsey Thornton, Monica Torres
Men’s Swimming & Diving – Jordan Berry, Frank Dyer
Women’s Swimming & Diving – Kim Lisiak, Christen McDonough
Men’s Tennis – Greg Andrews, Blas Moros (Monogram Club Board Liaison)
Women’s Tennis – JoHanna Manningham, Chrissie McGaffigan (Vice President)
Women’s Track & Field – Jessie Christian, Jaclyn Winkel
Men’s Track & Field – Dean Odegard, Logan Renwick, Jordan Stumph
Volleyball – Marie Roof