Safety & Awareness Training
SWD provides programs deemed mandatory by the Office of the President, Student Affairs, and our Director of Athletics to ensure that Notre Dame’s student-athletes develop into strong, mature, balanced, and caring individuals.
- First Year Orientation (scheduled at start of fall semester) – designed to give our incoming student-athletes and parents an overview of what it means to be a student-athlete at Notre Dame.
- Positive Transition Seminars (scheduled at start of fall semester) – Informative seminars for sophomore, junior, and senior student-athletes to help them start the year in a positive manner. These seminars have covered a variety of topics ranging from social media responsibility to success in life after Notre Dame.
- Alcohol & Drug Awareness Seminars – Educational seminars developed to help our student-athletes make good decisions. Scheduled in the fall for spring & winter sports teams; in the spring for fall sports teams.
- Sexual Assault/Rape Prevention Education – In conjunction with the Gender Relations Center, we present this information to all men’s teams. Training is to be completed by the end of the fall semester.
- Harm Reduction & Safety Education – In conjunction with NDSP, information is presented to all women’s teams.